April 15, 2011

Day One Hundred and Five

{By the Light of a  Neon Moon} My father in law brought me a tripod back from the lower 48 this week, I have been itching to try it.  Here is my attempt at capturing the nearly full moon.  Please someone give me some tips, how do you get a shot of the moon that actually looks like the moon and not a fuzzy ball of light?

3 comments:

  1. What were your settings? Your probably had your ISO too high. Even though it's night, you don't need it to be high since you are basically taking a picture of a 'light bulb'. 200 should be sufficient. I usually have my shutterspeed in the hundreds and aperture as high as possible.

    I still like your photo though. It has a mysterious feel to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ISO was way too high! Thanks for your help! I will try again tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one would think it was easier to get a good shot of the moon, but I have a difficult time with it too

    ReplyDelete