January 5, 2011

Day Five

{Compare and Contrast}  The teacher in me decided to do a little compare and contrast with you for today's picture.

Today's weather forecast, courtesy of The Weather Channel... 39 degrees, feels like 30. Heavy rain with winds out of the SE at 17 mph, gusting to 30 mph.  Really it doesn't sound THAT bad, does it?  My husband, the Alaskan says it really isn't even a storm.  While on the other hand I am about ready to head to the storm cellar, if only we had one.

Cut to the chase already, right... Today's picture was taken at the beach.  It really is a horrible picture, shot in auto sans flash.  I was soaking wet and the wind was blowing so hard, I also didn't want my camera out in the rain.



 Picture two was taken from the same beach just one month ago.  Can't wait for this dark, cold, winter stage to be over! 


5 comments:

  1. ooh la la you have a new blog header!! I LIKEY. I likey-d the other one too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! The blog header is driving me crazy, I made a cool one but one of the photos came out blurry when I put it on blogger...argh! I will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I am ready for winter to be over too! And for the record I like the first photo! It tells the story well and looks just fine on my droid screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. any day is a good day at the beach,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sunset pictures is just BEAUTIFUL! I love how the teacher in you makes you do compare and contrast :O) I used to teach and seem to find it coming out a lot too!

    ReplyDelete