January 10, 2011

Day Ten

{Determination} Alright, who hasn't taken a picture and thought to themselves, I can do that better?! This buoy spoke to me yesterday, I attempted a picture with my zoom lens, which was all I had at the time, but it just wasn't as good as it could have been.  I went back down to the harbor this afternoon to tackle the buoy again. 



And, since I am a teacher and like to learn from my mistakes, here is yesterdays picture! 


Don't worry, I only got a few weird looks from fishermen. "Hey, lady...you enjoying the weather."  Thankfully, the owner of this boat was not around :)

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic shot today! I love the starburst you captured and how you maintained the red coloring to the buoy! Did you meter the buoy or the sky? I'm starting to attempt the spot metering, it's scaring me a little. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it! And bravo fo posting the first day photo... I love seeing the growth process! Now what did you do differently? Any pointers? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I would love to hear pointers too! I have never done a starburst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone else... you nailed it! Today's shot looks like it should be in a magazine or something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the starburst in this one and the mountain. so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing starbursts!!! So glad you went back and tried again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today's picture was ISO 400, f22.0, 1/200 I took today's picture when the sun was higher and with my kit lens.

    Yesterday's picture was ISO 400, f22.0, 1/500 please note it was taken with my zoom lens and the sun was about to set so it was darker.

    I don't really know how to explain the difference, I just sat there and adjusted my settings until I got what I wanted. Courtney had a great article on sunbursts, which helped me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you went back! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic top shot. Well done for going back out & not getting frustrated! One question tho - were you leaning over the side of the boat???

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great shot! Thanks for sharing the info too.

    Glad you only got a few odd looks.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trisha, no I was kneeling down on the dock. The boat was tied up in the harbor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do that all the time. Every day, in fact! Love the sun flare and the colors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful shot! I love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lens did you use the second day & what were your settings for both? I wanna learn from you! :) Thanks!

    Awesome sun flare!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite sunburst I've seen! Nice work! I want to try this too. Love the ropes and buoys!

    ReplyDelete